Phone

Phone
call us

Charging Too Little to Build Websites

My wife keeps saying it, but I have trouble believing. She says I charge too little to build websites. My problem might be how good I have become at building them solo. I don't need a team. I have a good template for guidance. I don't even need a week to finish a top-notch, fast, mobile-friendly website. All I need is clients.

I have tried the small business route. I can even build a shopping cart, but several small business owners with whom I have met seem to want to go in other directions, often paying more than I charge to services they've never used or understood. I guess it's just familiar.

I have tried churches. Some people tell me churches don't have a lot of money to spend, but I've done my homework, and most of the ones I contact HAVE spent a lot more than what I charge. So maybe they've been burned one too many times to believe. Or maybe they don't understand what I offer. Or maybe, as my wife suggests, my prices just seem too good to be true.

In the end, it seems to be about marketing. I need 1000 decision-makers to see my websites and read my articles so that one will hire me. I just don't have the advertising money or connections to make it happen, so slick salesmen working for downtown web design firms get their message out in order to stifle competition. Not only am I competition, I could see myself and other competent freelancers putting web design boutiques out of business if only we could get people to see the light.

Check out my web design pages as well as the portfolios on each page. I am as good as I claim, but I need you to see it.
Luthernet Web Design
Passive Ninja Web Design
Brave New Church Web Design