Phone

Phone
call us

Lutheran Radio Church Service - The Right Way to Archive

I don't do this too often, but I am going to say it: what I did for Lutheran Radio Church Service was a big deal that continues to be so today. Yes, saving it from linking out to radio program archives with raunchy ads was the reason I was hired, but what I did next was the reason I was retained as web archivist.

The website hosting the services for free started to show ads, so I got around that. In the process, I wrote a separate article for each service. This took a long time, but it's really starting to pay off, with many pastors listed in searches on lrcsonline.org ahead of their own church websites. Not only that, the services are searchable and tagged so that related services can be found.

Moving forward, I began to add a service a week to Google Docs and to Youtube.  Archived for free and with limited ads, if any. Yes, it takes some time to convert the audio to the right formats and add the articles, but I have a system that works.

Your website, whether it's a church or a school, also needs a system that works. Luthernet Web Design, Brave New Church Web Design, and Passive Ninja Web Design can handle setting you up to create and archive articles with the best.