Phone

Phone
call us

New Google Sites - You Still May Need a Hand

I really tried to like the old Google Sites. I built several pretty good renditions of them, as well as a template used by my school district for other teachers. I wanted Sites to be the future for me as an educator, but the system was like a starter version of WordPress or joomla. Google did little to support Sites, custom code was usually not permitted, and it just seemed old.
Now I hear there's a new format. Obviously, if Google wants to get something right, it will be done. Therefore, I am going to say I'm confident it's pretty good. It's also very likely to be much easier to use than the old system.
I can also tell you that it's probably a better system for many schools than Google Classroom (another 1st gen disappointment).
Another thing is that the new Google Sites will still be difficult or just time-consuming for many of those who just want a simple website. Sure, better than Google+, but not simple like an email. And there's getting articles indexed and other things I can teach folks, so I still have a purpose.
The danger with free websites to my web design business is generally not that people will use them; it's that people will believe they could just as easily use them. And those are free, so why pay? I am sure that I can now create Google Sites that will rival my other sites. On fact, I plan on offering just that as o continue working as Passive Ninja, Luthernet, and Brave New Church. If it's better, I will be honest and shift to it for new sites. We'll see.

Well, I kind of saw. Here's my new Google Sites offering. https://sites.google.com/site/bravenewchurchwebdesign/ It's OK, but nothing to write home about, really.