Phone

Phone
call us

Recording Your Favorite Performance Instead of Oversearching

My wife told me she just loved a musical piece she'd heard at church during the Christmas service. She decided to contact the person who played the piano in order to find out more about the song. That person sent my wife to a link to the original artist, which led to eventually finding the sheet music, and so on. I recognize it from my days of teaching. It's oversearching. Sometimes, the easiest solution is the old-school one, maybe combined with new-school, as I finally suggested to my wife.

In this particular case, since she really wanted to have an actual recording of the specific song, that's what she should have done. Oversearching led to hours of NOT a recording of the specific song she liked. While it could have been fruitful, it wasn't, and sometimes that's what happens.

When my wife said she just wished she could have found a piano recording of that song, I kind of shook my head, since that's exactly what we heard. And the pianist was at our church, and her daughter is a student. The best solution is a live recording. Seriously, people can do that. Use a video camera and post it online or extract the audio. Or an mp3 recorder. Or a computer with a simple, free program on it. Lots of options. Post it on Youtube if it's a video, especially if you don't have to worry about copyrights. Convert your mp4 video into audio. Burn it to a CD. The point is to start with an actual live recording. Why not? Make it a habit and record all your favorites from church or school.